Wednesday, September 7, 2016

Shout It Out Loud.. or not?

37.5km

Some say when you set a big goal, shout it out loud. Tell your family, tell your friends, post it on social media. Telling people keeps you accountable and makes you more likely to strive for the goal. You can't back out now - you've told everyone!

On the other hand, the other school of thought (more asian, I feel) is to keep your goal to yourself. Don't shout it out, after naysayers will 'put the eye' on you. Don't tell people, as a caution against bad luck.

For weeks I've debated on putting up my goal, or doing it quietly. Here's my decision now!

I want to run a Full Marathon (42km!) in January 2017

Aiming for Twincities Marathon because I had a positive experience running the the 21km Half Marathon early this year. Five months is ample time to get ready, provided I put in the effort lah.

I've started tracking my kilometers since Aug 22. I have no xxx km goal in mind, just that counting up something will be fun! Of course I am to have run some good long runs to be race ready in time, but for now my goal is to increase my weekly mileage (km-age?). Build the habit of regular running first.


Still prefer writing things down, but I do use garmin connect and runkeeper to keep track of my running. Loving the cover of the notebook I'm using as my running journal.


No comments:

Post a Comment